Trusted natural heartworm removal authority since 2009
Visitors Message Board! > hunting beagle
hunting beagle
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Chuck
Apr 26, 2016
5:08 PM
My hunting beagle runs 2 to 3 hours a day. He is strong and healthy showing no signs of sickness. I took him and my other beagle to the vet to get shots updated and start back on heartgard and nexgard for the summer months. He tested positive for HW. I just today started him on a slow kill regime. I have been all over the internet and just today found this site. Is it safe to continue the slow kill and start him on natural treatment. Should I take him off slow kill? I have not yet ordered the booklet but will do so. I have done enough study to know, I have to stop running/training him for several months.
Jeff (author)
Apr 26, 2016
7:51 PM
Hi Chuck,

Thank you for reaching me on this. Tough question here. Its safe to say that I'm not a big fan of the slow kill method (see my faq page for info on this method).

Reading the faq page will have you understand what the Vet is setting you up with.

If it were my poochie, I'd nix the slow kill process and go with what has been working naturally here at this site for nearly ten years running!!

Reach me any time sir,

Jeff
Anonymous
Apr 27, 2016
7:09 AM
Jeff,
Thanks for responding so quickly. Actually the vet did not even say I needed to come back for additional testing or treatment. She recommended the fast kill method and I think she was upset with me for not taking her recommendation. It was my understanding, the first treatment was the same whether going fast kill or slow kill (oral monthly with doxycyclene). When I set the appointment for the first treatment the receptionist ask me what treatment I am using and I said "I am leaning toward slow kill but have some questions for the vet". When I dropped him off I left a message for the vet to call me (she did not call). When I picked him up he was brought to me by a tech not the vet. The tech was very helpful but could not answer all my questions. She gave me (Interceptor) for one year and Minocycline (60 caps - enough for 30 days). Needless to say, if the vet is not going to take the time to answer my questions personally, I will never make another appointment to see her.
Jeff, for years I have had concerns about giving my dogs pesticides to prevent parasite infestations. With no other solution available I have put my hunting dogs and pets on heartgard and nexgard each spring. I have to be honest with you. At this point I am still skeptical about herbal treatments. But, I am excited to learn this is an option not only for HW treatment but also flea, tick, and intestinal worms. I will be doing a lot of searching and reading in the next couple days regarding natural treatments. Then I will make a final decision on treatment of my HW positive beagle.

Thank You
Chuck
Jeff (author)
Apr 28, 2016
10:37 AM
Sounds encouraging Chuck! You keep studying away sir! Seems to me that by doing so you are soon to become a BIG fan of natural protocol.

And yes, this natural approach does bring numerous other benefits to the pet; the diminishing of ongoing flea and tick hosting, the prevention of the common intestinal pests, and overall health improvement and wellbeing.

Talk soon!

Jeff
Chuck
1 post
May 05, 2016
8:01 AM
Jeff, I put my HW positive beagle on Scram a few days ago. I am going to start all my dogs on Scram as a preventative. Will it work for heartworm and all intestinal worms? What would you recommend as a bi-monthly dose for 20 to 30 lb beagles as preventative?
Jeff (author)
May 05, 2016
7:28 PM
Yup, without question. Intestinal parasites are by far the easiest of all categories of infestation to eradicate sir!

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.