Visitors Message Board! > Adult Heartworms
Adult Heartworms
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Max18
1 post
Apr 25, 2018
1:04 PM
Jeff - About to order your report, and had a question. We fostered and eventually adopted a wonderful German Shepherd. He tested HW positive at the shelter. I understand the blood test only detects the antigen from an adult female HW, and you can also determine the presence of Microfilaria (larvae). My question is, under any treatment, how can you determine if you have successfully rid the dog of adult male HW. For example even if you use the slow kill method you risk the chance that the adult male HW's may continue to live in the dog and continue to do damage. Thanks

Last Edited by Max18 on Apr 25, 2018 3:36 PM
Jeff (author)
Apr 25, 2018
6:10 PM
Hi Dale,

I did see your trial purchase come through a bit ago and thank you so much for this post. Undoubtedly, the report will answer these concerns but ultimately after the protocol treatment timeline (aka cycle, in the report) passes, you can simply retest the Shep.

Talk soon and thanks again!

Jeff
Max18
2 posts
Apr 26, 2018
12:03 PM
Thanks Jeff. Because this was a rescue GSD, the shelter and rescue immediately started him on Doxy for 2 weeks and monthly Heartguard. They only found antigen in his blood test with no Microfilaria so they believed it to be mild and hoped that this will clear it up. Unfortunately I had not found this site until a few days ago, so he is already 5 months in. The first of June will be 6 months with Ivermectin. I plan to have him checked after that. If we are so lucky that he is heart worm negative, can I just start him on the preventative protocol with Scram? At 68 pounds I assume that would be 4 tablets a week. Correct? Otherwise I will take him off the Ivermectin and complete the full natural protocol and then retest again. Does that seem reasonable?

Last Edited by Max18 on Apr 26, 2018 2:29 PM
Max18
Aug 19, 2018
7:25 AM
Happy to say that our GSD, "Max" was heart worm negative when tested mid June!! He is now on a SCRAM preventive dosage every week. We will retest at the end of the year to reconfirm. Very glad that their is a preventative that is natural and non-toxic!!!! Hooray!!!

It should also be noted that the price of SCRAM is significantly less expensive than the various Ivermectin products being sold by the vets.
jeff (author)
Aug 21, 2018
4:23 PM
Boy, that's solid news Max! Super success story here! Do keep us posted on the final read.

-Jeff

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.