Heartworms in my collie - Gabriel
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Donna
1 post
Aug 21, 2014
7:01 AM
Background:
I took my 6 yr. old collie, Gabriel to the vet for a chiropractor treatment and he also tested for heartworms and he was positive. He looked at Gabriel's blood under the microscope and said there were microfilaria in the blood. Didn't say if it was a little or a lot. He then sold me some Sentinel and Prednisone. Told me to give the Prednisone 2 hrs. before giving the Sentinel so he wouldn't have a bad reaction. Then, he sold me some Doxycycline (antibiotic) to give him. We discussed what needed to be done next (blood work and radiographs) and the total cost of the treatment. The total was well over $1000.

Gabriel has had a slight cough, but not extremely bad. He lives on a farm and has become an inside dog the last 2 years and has become pretty lazy, but was energetic when he went back outside to do his normal dog-stuff (herding the chickens and guineas, chasing away crows, etc.)

After thinking about all this and doing some of my own research, I decided not to give him anything I bought from the vet and to use an herbal approach instead! Our family regularly uses herbs and I have some knowledge in this area. I know the cost will be far less than the drugs the vet was trying to push on us.

The first herbal heartworm treatment I came across was on banditsbuddies.com using Nature's Sunshine herbs. I've been doing this treatment for 2 weeks so far. After a couple DAYS on the herbs, Gabriel's cough was gone!!

Then, I came across Jeff's site and ordered his report to see what other insight I could gain from him. He has obviously put a lot of time and effort into helping others cure their dogs of heartworms and I don't take that kind of dedication lightly. Jeff, I'm so thankful for all your hard work and I'm sincerely hoping this all works and Gabriel will be heartworm free very soon!

Wonder if the vet will buy his medication back from me?? LOL! ;)

Donna
Jeff (author)
Aug 22, 2014
9:59 AM
Vets tend to use steroids (i.e. prednisone, etc.) and Doxy (antibacterial) for most everything. Steroids are real bad for dogs. Real bad. They throw off an immune system worse than most anything I can think of right now. I'm glad you decided to shelf these items!

Bandit's buddies product has always struck me as an extremely mild one for the use against heartworms. Seems like the dosage schedule is a nightmare as well.

Even though we would expect a dog with heartworms to eventually exhibit a cough, because that product resolved your dog's cough so quickly (far too quickly for a heartworm cough), I would believe the cough to have been stemming from allergies that the product cleared up. That I could believe.

I am proud that you are happy with the report. Doggies are my favorite!! And I will always be there for them.

You could always donate the Doxy to a dog shelter. Lord knows that they incur crazy expenses.

Toss the Prednisone !!

-jeff
Locky
Aug 14, 2018
1:41 AM
Yes, there is a lot of perspective and aspects of knowledge. Experiences, theories, laws, incidents and many ukessaysreviews.com/essayace-co-uk-review/ are all consider knowledge because it gives a life lesson to people. Empiricism, rationalism, experiential ism, liberalism and internal analysis are also theories of psychological knowledge.

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.